Frequently Asked Questions - Topics

Collapse All Expand All
 Additional Information

How can I get additional information?

Write to the Public Affairs office nearest you, or e-mail the USAFE Office of Public Affairs at You can also write us at:

USAFE Public Affairs
Unit 3273
APO AE 09094-0120

 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
How do I submit requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act?

FOIA requests for USAFE records should be submitted, in writing, to the base maintaining the records. Requests for any Inspector General record or for a HQ USAFE record should be submitted via e-mail to or to:

Unit 3050 Box 125
APO AE 09094-0125

FOIA requests are submitted by private citizens; members should not use government equipment, supplies, stationery, or official mail channels, including e-mail, to make or follow-up on FOIA requests.

For additional information, visit the USAFE FOIA page or the Air Force FOIA page.
 General Officer Biographies

How can I obtain USAFE-AFAFRICA General Officer Biographies?





Visit the USAFE-AFAFRICA Biographies page. Also, for additional Air Force biographies, click here.



 Historical Information

How can I obtain historical information on USAFE-AFAFRICA?

Address your specific question to one of the following agencies:

Unit 3050 Box 55
APO AE 09094-5055

The Air Force History Support Office
110 Luke Avenue, Suite 405
Bolling AFB DC 20332-8050
(202) 767-0412

USAF Historical Research Center
600 Chennault Circle
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6424
(334) 953-2966

National Archives and Records Service
Washington DC 20408
(202) 523-3220

How can I obtain USAFE-AFAFRICA photos?

Write to:

National Air and Space Museum
Archives Division (MRC 322)
Smithsonian Institute
Washington, DC 20560
Phone: (202) 357-3133
Fax: (202) 786-2835

Defense Visual Information Center
Attn: Still Media Operations
1363 Z Street, Bldg 2730
March AFB CA 92518-2717
Phone: (909) 413-2552

DOD Still Media Records Center
Air Force Photography
National Archives & Records Administration
Still Picture Branch (NNSP)
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park MD 20740-6001
Phone: (301) 713-6660
Fax: (301) 713-7436

Library of Congress
Prints and Photographs Division
Washington, DC 20540
Phone: (202) 707-6394

You can also visit the USAFE-AFAFRICA photo gallery and the Air Force's photo gallery online.

How can I obtain Air Force lithographs?

Write to:

Superintendent of Documents U.S. Government Printing Office
P.O. Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954
Phone: (202) 512-1800
 Locating Military Personnel
How can I locate military personnel?

Write to:

550 C Street West, Suite 50
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4752
Phone: (210) 652-5775
 Military Magazines
How can I subscribe to military magazines?

Air Force Times
Attn: Subscriber Service Department
Springfield, VA 22159-0250
Phone: 1-800-368-5718

Air Power History
Virginia Military Institute
George C. Marshall Library
Lexington, VA 24550

Airman Magazine

New Orders Superintendent of Documents
PO Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954

Airpower Journal
New Orders Superintendent of Documents
PO Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954

AF Issues Book
New Orders Superintendent of Documents
PO Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954
*Updated Yearly

Air Force Magazine
1501 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22209-1198
Phone: (703) 247-5800
 Military Memorabilia

Where can I get military memorabilia like patches, uniform items, mugs, etc.?

The Air Force can't provide official uniform items, but several private companies exist to meet your needs.  Use you Internet browser's search engine to find the appropriate one

 Military Records
How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Write to:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63132
Phone: (314) 538-4243
How can I receive information on the Thunderbirds?

Write to:

Thunderbirds USAF Air Demonstration Squadron
Box 9733
Nellis AFB, NV 89191

You can also visit