REASONS TO SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE:
1. If, within the last 14 days, you had close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of the coronavirus
2. You are experiencing a cough, AND
3. You have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius), STAY HOME -- DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL. FOLLOW STEP 4 or STEP 5.
4. TRICARE beneficiaries should call the Nurse Advice Line at one of the following toll-free numbers based on your location:
- Belgium: 0800-81933
- Germany: 0800-071-3516
- Greece: 00-800-4414-1013
- Italy: 800-979721
- Spain: 900-82-2740
- Turkey: 00-800-44-882-5287
- UK: 0800-028-3263
*** To access the Nurse Advice Line from a cell phone in Europe you must first call your clinic appointment line and choose the option for the Nurse Advice Line.***
5. Non-TRICARE beneficiaries should contact their primary care provider for advice.
If you do NOT meet ALL THREE of the above criteria, but you have symptoms of upper respiratory infection, call your primary care provider for advice.
EMERGENCY WARNING SIGNS
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
DOD personnel and their family members should monitor their command social media pages as well as the DOD, CDC and U.S. Embassy websites for the latest info.