|CHIEF MASTER SGT. JAMES E. DAVIS|
Chief Master Sergeant James E. Davis is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa, with headquarters at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. As the command chief, he is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander on all matters affecting the readiness, training, professional development and effective utilization of more than 21,000 enlisted force personnel.
Additionally, he coordinates with the headquarters staff, commanders, and senior personnel on administration and implementation of command policy. The chief champions and directs enlisted theater security engagement and building partnership capacity in an area of responsibility that comprises 104 countries in support of both U.S. European Command and U.S. Africa Command.
Chief Davis was born in Memphis, Tennessee and entered the Air Force in January 1986. He has performed a myriad of leadership roles at the squadron, numbered Air Force and major command levels. Chief Davis has deployed on several occasions to Southwest Asia in support of Operations Southern Watch, Desert Fox, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Prior to his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 9th Air Force, Air Combat Command, Shaw AFB, S.C.
1989 Noncommissioned Officers Preparatory Course, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
1991 NCO Leadership School, Offutt AFB, Neb.
1993 Associate degree in industrial security, Community College of the Air Force
1994 NCO Academy, Barksdale AFB, La., distinguished graduate
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Neb., honor graduate, Suma Cum Laude
1996 Master of Science degree in administrative management, Central Michigan University
2000 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Chief's Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2008 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2009 Keystone Capstone, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
2009 AFSO21 Senior Leaders Course
2010 USAF Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
1. January - February 1986, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February - April 1986, student, Security Specialist Technical School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. April 1986 - June 1986, student, Air Base Ground Defense School, Camp Bullis, Texas
4. June 1986 - June 1988, Close Boundary Sentry, Armorer and Fire Team Member,
6913th Electronics Security Squadron, Augsburg, Germany, and 6914th Electronics Security Squadron, Sembach AB, Germany
5. June 1988 - March 1990, Security Controller and Fire Team Member, 4450th Security Police
Squadron, Tonapah Test Range, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. March 1990 - May 1998, Strategic Air Command Elite Guard, Security Controller, Fire Team
Leader, Flight Sergeant, Quality Control Evaluator, and Plans and Programs noncommissioned in charge, 3906th Special Security Squadron and 55th Security Police Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. May 1998 - May 1999, Antiterrorism/Force Protection Superintendent, Operations Superintendent, Joint
Task Force Southwest Asia, Eskan Village, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
8. May 1999 - July 2002, Security Forces Action Officer, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley
9. July 2002 - June 2006, Security Forces Manager, Operations Superintendent, Superintendent Training and Resources, 1st Security Forces Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
10. June 2006 - June 2008, Security Forces Manager, 305th Security Forces Squadron, McGuire AFB,
11. July 2008 - May 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 316th Wing, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
12. May 2010 - August 2011, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
13. September 2011 - July 2012, Command Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Task Force, Horn of Africa
14. August 2012 - August 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 9th Air Force, Air Combat Command, Shaw AFB, S.C.
15. August 2013 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, U.S. Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with bronze star
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with gold border
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
1997 55th Security Forces Squadron Outstanding Flight Level SNCO of the Year
1997 Air Combat Command Outstanding Security Forces Flight Level SNCO of the Year
1997 55th Security Forces Squadron Air Combat Command Best Large Security Forces Squadron
2003 1st Security Forces Squadron Senior NCO of the Year
2003 1st Fighter Wing Nominee for AFSA Ten Outstanding Young Americans Award
2004 1st Mission Support Group SNCO of the Year
2004 1st Fighter Wing SNCO of the Year
2004 1st Security Forces Squadron ACC Best Large Security Forces Squadron
2004 Air Combat Command Colonel Billy Jack Carter Award Winner
2005 Hampton Chamber of Commerce Air Force Military Professional of the Year
2005 9th Air Force SNCO of the Year Award
2005 Air Force Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant May 2006
(Current as of September 2013)