|CHIEF MASTER SGT. DAVID W. WILLIAMSON|
Chief Master Sergeant David W. Williamson is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE), with headquarters at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. In this position, he advises the commander on all matters affecting the readiness, training, professional development and effective utilization of the commands 36,000 assigned personnel and represents the command's enlisted force at a variety of conferences, forums and events. He coordinates with headquarters staff, commanders, and senior personnel on development and implementation of command policy affecting the command's 9 wings and 114 geographically separated units spread across 15 countries. Chief Williamson also serves as the commander's representative to numerous Air Force committees, councils and boards developing and implementing Air Force policies and programs. Lastly, in this role he champions and directs enlisted theater security engagement and building partnership capacity activities with 28 NATO nations and 22 Partnership for Peace countries in support of U.S. European Command's Theater Security Cooperation objectives.
Chief Williamson entered basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in May 1983 and graduated from the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal School, Indian Head, Maryland, in March 1984. He has held a variety of wing- and command-level positions throughout the Air Force, in both the continental United States and overseas, and has served in eight major commands. He has a rich deployment history that includes Operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Southern Watch, Joint Endeavor, Desert Thunder, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Williamson served as Command Chief Master Sergeant, 13th Air Force, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii.
1988 Associate's degree in human resources management, Community College of the Air Force
1988 Bachelor's degree in criminology, summa cum laude, St. Leo University, St. Leo, Fla.
2000 U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, distinguished graduate, commandant's list, physical fitness excellence award, Fort Bliss, Biggs Army Air Field, Texas
2004 Master's degree in management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2005 U.S. Air Force Senior Leaders Course, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2006 U.S. Air Force Senior Leaders Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2008 Keystone Fellow, National Defense University, Alexandria, Va.
1. June 1983 - March 1984, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Apprentice, Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Naval Ordnance Station, Indian Head, Md.
2. March 1984 - December 1988, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist, 363rd Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
3. December 1988 - December 1989, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge of Explosive Ordnance Disposal Resources, 6170th Air Base Operability Squadron, Suwon AB, South Korea
4. December 1989 - October 1991, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge of Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operations, 27th Air Base Operability Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M. (August 1990 - January 1991, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Chief, 37th Tactical Fighter Wing-Provisional, King Khalid AB, Khamis Mushiat, Saudi Arabia, and January 1991 - April 1991, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Chief, 1st Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal Command Group-Provisional, Kuwait City, Kuwait)
5. October 1991 - November 1993, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight, 27th Civil Engineer Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6. November 1993 - April 1996, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge of Quality Assurance, 48th Civil Engineer Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England (June 1995 - October 1995, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Chief, 4404th Civil Engineer Squadron-Provisional, King Abdul-Aziz AB, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia)
7. April 1996 - August 1999, Chief of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight, 437th Civil Engineer Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C. (July 1997 - December 1997, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Superintendent, 401st Expeditionary Air Base Group, Tuzla AB, Bosnia-Herzegovina)
8. August 1999 - June 2000, student, instructor and Air Force liaison, U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Biggs Army Air Field, Texas
9. June 2000 - January 2004, Command Explosive Ordnance Disposal Manager, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas (September 2002 - December 2002, Chief Enlisted Manager, 438th Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron, Shabaz AB, Jacobabad, Pakistan)
10. January 2004 - June 2005, Chief Enlisted Manager, 775th Civil Engineer Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah (June 2004 - September 2004, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Superintendent, 332nd Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron, Balad AB, Iraq)
11. June 2005 - October 2006, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 621st Contingency Response Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
12. October 2006 - November 2007, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan
13. November 2007 - July 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 21st Expeditionary Mobility Task Force, McGuire AFB, N.J.
14. July 2008 - July 2009, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Joint Base Balad, Iraq
15. July 2009 - October, 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 13th Air Force, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
16. October 2010 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, HQ USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star with valor and two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
1991 Distinguished Graduate and Academic Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1994 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician of the Year, U.S. Air Forces Europe
1996 Air Mobility Command Gerald J. Stryzak Award for Best Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight
2001 Air Education and Training Command Gilbert Award for Outstanding Staff Member
2002 Air Education and Training Command Major General Joseph A. Ahearn Award for Outstanding Leadership
2004 Air Force Gerald J. Stryzak Award for Best Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight in the Air Force
2005 Air Force Materiel Command Major General Joseph A. Ahearn Award for Outstanding Leadership/Air Force runner-up
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic May 11, 1983
Airman First Class June 25, 1983
Senior Airman (BTZ) April 25, 1985
Staff Sergeant Feb. 1, 1986
Technical Sergeant May 1, 1992
Master Sergeant May 1, 1996
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2000
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2002
(Current as of Nov 2010)